Domestic Violence

Victims of domestic violence should immediately contact a local crisis center. In emergency situations you should contact your local law enforcement agency or dial 911.

Sarasota County Residents;

  • Safe Place and Rape Crisis Center (SPARCC)
    • (941) 365-1976

Residents of Manatee County should contact;

  • Hope Family Services, Inc.
    • (941) 747-8499

Services at SPARCC and Hope are free and confidential. These organizations send referrals to Legal Aid of Manasota for clients in need of legal assistance. After a referral is made Legal Aid of Manasota may be able to assist clients who are victims of domestic violence in a variety of cases including representation in injunctions hearings and dissolution of marriage cases. You will be contacted regarding eligibility and to set up an appointment if you qualify.

Other resources are: